Following Covid-19 restrictions recently introduced, the Club Bar will regrettably remain closed until at least 30th April 2021. It is hoped to be able to re-open when restrictions permit indoor service, probably in late May.
Please note the following is likely to prevail when the Bar does open –
• A maximum number of THIRTY TWO persons permitted in the Clubhouse at any time.
• You will need to to wear a face mask while entering, leaving or moving inside the Clubhouse at any time, including when using the toilet facilities. Masks may be removed once seated.
• Table Service ONLY will be provided : on entering the premises, you must select a table so that Social Distancing is maintained, and remain seated at your table, apart from using the facilities.
• No standing is permitted and no service will be available at the bar.
• Legal requirements will likely specify a maximum of SIX persons from no more than TWO separate households is permitted at each table while maintaining Social Distancing.
• To comply with likely Tracing Requirements, your name and phone number will be recorded & retained for at least 28 days after your visit.
• The bar will continue to operate a cashless system, payments will be taken by card only.
These regulations will be reviewed subject to prevailing circumstances.
The access road to the Club will be unavailable for vehicular traffic from 19th April until at least 3rd May 2021, to allow for concreting – apologies for any inconvenience !
The Club is a sporting organisation under the Registration of Clubs (NI) Order 1996 and the property of the Club is vested in the Club Trustees. The Annual General Meeting is held during November ; it elects the Club Officers and other members of the Management Committee which meets monthly to manage the Club’s activities and affairs.
Following the Annual General Meeting for 2020, the Club Officials are:-
COMMODORE : Pete McDowell
VICE COMMODORE : Malcolm Brian
REAR COMMODORE : Ian Tolman
HON. SECRETARY : Lynn Andrews
HON. TREASURER : Bobby Wadey
SAILING SECRETARY : Andrew Glenn
LADIES’ CAPTAIN : Josie Adair
SAILING SUPPORT OFFICER : Craig Millar
BAR MANAGER : Tom McBriar
SAFETY OFFICER : David Duff
SHORE TEAM MANAGER : Malcolm Brian
BOAT PARK MANAGER : Craig Bowman
WELFARE OFFICER : Lynn Andrews
The Club, situated on the northern side of Kircubbin Bay, has a modest Club House with a function room, changing and shower facilities, and a well equipped kitchen. There is also a cosy Bar which serves a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Normal Bar Opening Times are Sundays, 4.30 to 7.30 pm.
The Bar may also be open on a Thursday evening after racing during the season and usually obtains a late licence for any social events. Members may book the recently refurbished club rooms for private functions such as birthday parties, wedding receptions, etc.
The Bar is staffed by volunteers organised by a small sub-committee.
The Club has limited space for the storage of dinghies and tenders, and limited space for winter parking of boats with a mobile trailer (subject to payment of an annual charge). Water and electricity points are provided in the boat park.
All Full and Family Members are entitled to a key to the Club House and the entrance gate. Please contact any Committee Member if you require a key, a small charge is normally levied to cover costs.
The Club has its roots in competitive sailing which was originally based at the Harbour in Kircubbin and has been active on the sailing scene in Strangford Lough since the early 1900s. Even it the early days of the Club, Kircubbin’s sailors were among the best in Strangford Lough. More recently the Club’s Flying Fifteen fleet produced some of the best competitors in that class in the world.
Although as the name suggests, the promotion of sailing is a principal objective of the club, we welcome other types of craft as well. If you cast your eye around the Bay during the summer you will see motor cruisers, speed boats, fishing boats and cabin/day boats as well as sailing boats.
Welcome to Kircubbin Sailing Club!
As a visitor to our website you may have many queries about the Club. Hopefully the information you will find on the tabs below or elsewhere on this website will provide you with the answers you are seeking however if not please use the Contact Us facility to ask any specific questions or alternatively why not call down on a Sunday evening and ask any member of the management committee.